Posted on April 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM by Victoria Mulherin
April 11 is National Pet Day
While loving our pets is something we do every day, National Pet Day encourages us to pay special attention to pets that may not get that extra attention. National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Welfare Advocate, Colleen Paige, to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create public awareness about the plight of many different kinds of animals awaiting a forever home in shelters and rescues all around the globe.
Ways to celebrate National Pet Day:
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
- Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
- Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on social networks.
- Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
- Buy your pet a fun new toy....or two...or five.
Visit our local Burlington County Animal Shelter today for National Pet Day! Burlington County Animal Shelter creates an environment where all animals receive appropriate care, love, and attention at all times. By working with committed volunteers and rescues, over a thousand animal’s lives are saved each year.
At our shelter they strive to ensure our animals are placed in loving, responsible, committed permanent homes, following a comprehensive adoption processes which includes taking considerable care in finding good matches for prospective adopters. Animals in their care are spayed or neutered, and receive veterinary care while they await placement into their forever homes.
For more information on the Burlington County Animal Shelter and their services offered, please call 609-265-5073 or visit http://awos.petfinder.com/shelters/NJ148.html