Posted on June 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM by Andrew Hull
About 300 free home security inspections are performed each year by the Sheriff’s Department for seniors and persons with disabilities. Technicians from the department will go to a home by appointment to check the security of the house and then make recommendations on how to improve the security, if needed.
Some items that could be installed include:
- Free door and window locks
- Free door viewers (peepholes)
- Free reflective house numbers
- Free smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Free emergency flashlight
- Free medical information packets
To schedule an appointment for a safety inspection, call (609) 265-5796.