Who should recycle?


All Burlington County residents, including residents of apartments and condominiums, are required to recycle cardboard, paper, food and beverage cans, glass bottles and jars, and plastic bottles # 1 and # 2 type only.

Apartment Landlords/Condominium Associations

Apartment Landlords and Condominium Complex Associations are required by municipal ordinance, to provide recycling containers in convenient areas for their residents. Recycling areas and containers must be clearly labeled and residents routinely advised of recycling requirements. The County Recycling Office does provide recycling literature to those Complexes that are serviced by the Occupational Training Center, via the Burlington County Regional Recycling Program. If a Complex contracts privately for recycling services, their recycling service company should provide them guidance on what materials are accepted and how they should be prepared for recycling.


All owners, lessees, or occupants of public and private businesses, commercial and/or industrial establishments are required by local municipal ordinance to recycle paper, corrugated cardboard, bottles and cans. Businesses are required to contract privately for recycling services.


Owners, lessees, and occupants of all municipal and state government facilities, all religious, education, and health care facilities, all public and/or private civic organizations, and all non-profit and/or profit organizations are required by local municipal law to recycle corrugated cardboard, paper, and bottles and cans. Institutions are required to contract privately for recycling services.

Show All Answers

1. Who should recycle?
2. Why should I recycle?
3. Why can't I recycle frozen food containers?
4. I want to recycle, but do I have to spend time removing all those staples?