Arts After Dark
Saturday, September 9, 2023 4:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Historic Smithville Park, Eastampton, NJ
When the gallery lights go down, the fun turns up!
Arts After Dark is where Culture and Entertainment Meet! Join fellow art lovers for an eclectic mix of art, music, performances, and more, celebrating creativity and self-expression.
Enjoy new and different art experiences, interactive and collaborative art activities, live entertainment, delicious refreshments, and our current exhibitions all in one evening.
Featured this year – “From Pre-Cinema to CineMapping”
Enjoy a little time travel in the art of cinema
Burlington County’s first ever Crankie Festival!
What are crankies you ask? They are an old storytelling art form. Start with a long, illustrated scroll that is wound onto two spools. The spools are loaded into a box which has a viewing window. The scroll is then hand-cranked while the story is told, a song is sung, or a tune is played.
Our Crankie Fest will feature eight original crankies created by artists including: Katherine Fahey, Ro Adler, Georgia Beatty, Nicole Dupree, Maisie O’Brien, Alex & Olmsted, Erik Ruin and Emily Schubert,
For the Crankie Curious there will be the opportunity to view, play with and add to a crankie roll to commemorate the event.
Screening of Burlington County’s Short Film Festival award winners.
Limited by their runtime but not by their creativity, this selection of short films, all under thirty minutes and some under two minutes, will inspire, entertain, and foster conversation
“CineMapping” Installations by Camagine Design
Bespoke artful projections will light up the Mansion grounds as soon as the sun goes down, creating an other-worldly experience.
And so much more:
Fine Art Gallery Exhibits and Pop-up Art Installations
- Workers House Gallery – Hugh Campbell “From the Vault III” Hugh Campbell was an artist, published author, and philosopher who lived an extremely minimalistic life in Mount Holly. This exhibit grants the unique opportunity to view rare and never before seen work from the extensive collection stored deep within the County’s archives.
- Annex Art Gallery – 47th Annual Juried Art Exhibit The most anticipated art show of the year welcomes an outstanding collection of artists to be exhibited in the Annex Gallery throughout the fall.
- Pop-Up Art Gallery Invited artists from prior exhibits will be featured in our outside event tent.
- Yarn Bomb Installation by Beverly Ellis Yarn bombing is a style of street art that involves crocheting or knitting patterns onto a public structure or form, such as benches or trees. It is temporary and does not harm the host. This art trend takes knitting and crochet beyond hats and scarves to contribute color, meaning and a pop of fun to environments.
Live Mural Painters
- Jazz Performances by the Mark Smith Quintet in the Rose Garden
- Ambient Music by Kamau the Chakra DJ in the Annex Gallery
- Music by David B. Cole & Linda Harris courtesy of the Underground Railroad Museum of Burlington County
Interactive Art Activities
- Lantern Making workshop and light parade with artist Ken Johnston
- Art Demos and Interactive Activities with Artworks Trenton Get a taste of the programming provided by this cutting-edge arts center in our State Capitol.
- “Blacklight Box” – Armed with only some colored chalk, enter the Blacklight Box and make your mark on anything and everything.
Food & Wine