Gold Star Parent & Family IDs

Gold Star family ID 8-resized

Gold Star IDs


No appointment is needed, but suggested. 

Please call 609-265-5142 or email to schedule a private appointment for your identification card.

The Burlington County Clerk’s Office is now issuing Gold Star Family identification cards to the spouses, domestic partners, civil union partners and children of military members who died while serving on active duty with the U.S. Armed Forces. 

 The free identification cards enable Gold Star family members to receive certain discounts or courtesies extended to military families. In New Jersey, these include free admission to federal and state parks and recreation areas, free or reduced fees to New Jersey beaches and free admission to the New Jersey State Museum. Burlington County also offers free adoptions from the Burlington County Animal Shelter for all veterans and military families.

In addition to those benefits, a Gold Star Family identification card can also be used to receive discounts or benefits offered by some stores and restaurants for veterans and Gold Star families.

Eligibility for the Gold Star Family ID cards was recently expanded to include children whose parent or legal guardian died while serving on active duty with the Armed Forces, whether they were related by blood or by law.

“We’re proud to offer this service to the mothers, fathers, sons, spouses and children of those who made the ultimate sacrifice,” said Burlington County Clerk Joanne Schwartz. “We want to encourage all residents who qualify to take advantage of this service and all the others offered by our office.” 

Burlington County residents whose child, spouse, domestic partner, civil union partner, parent or other legal guardian who died while serving on active duty with the United States Armed Forces are eligible for the cards, regardless of whether they were related by blood or by law. Those residents can obtain a Gold Star Family identification card at the Burlington County Clerk’s Office at 50 Rancocas Street in Mount Holly.

Proper documentation is required and can include the service member’s federal DD Form 1300 or a report of casualty identifying the member of the armed forces who died while on active duty for the United States.