- Human Services
- Division of Employment & Training
- Business Services
- Recruitment & Hiring
Recruitment & Hiring
Finding the right worker can be a full-time job all its own. Whether you need to fill an immediate opening or you are planning to expand your workforce in the future, our business solutions team can assist you with the right tools.
Post Jobs & See Resumes
Finding the right employee can be as easy as point and click with New Jersey's new, no-fee online job database NJ Career Connections. This new database brings you closer to the perfect match for your job opening.
Our Business Services Specialists can assist you with finding qualified workers. Simply complete a Job Order Form and one of our Business Services Specialists will contact you.
How to Hire a Veteran
We believe that those who stood first in line to defend their country should also be first in line to reap the benefits of freedom: a fair chance for a good education, a good job and a good life. Veterans receive first priority referral to all jobs and training opportunities for which they are qualified.
Did you know you can receive even more benefits for hiring a Veteran? We have Veterans Representatives who specialize in helping employers determine which of the many veteran hiring incentives available through the Veterans Administration, state and local governments may be right for your business. Veterans are given special preference; in some cases, the employer incentives are significantly greater if the new hire qualifies as a veteran. Visit Jobs4Jersey for an overview of the employer veteran hiring incentives available to you or contact our office.
Hiring People With Disabilities
Our Disability Employment Specialists can help you tap into the pipeline of talent that workers with disabilities can provide. They can help you identify, recruit, hire and retain employees with disabilities, as well as provide other resources at no cost to your business.
Free Employer Consultation Services Include
- Training reimbursement where you can receive up to 50% of a worker's salary while the individual learns the essential knowledge and job skills required in an On-the-Job Training program
- Learning how to obtain tax credits you may be eligible for when hiring workers with disabilities
- Receive pre-screened, trained, motivated, qualified workers that are matched to your job specifications.
- Receive assistance understanding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Laws and assistance in making reasonable accommodations in the workplace.
- Receive assistance in evaluating your work site to identify possible barriers and get proposed resolutions that will benefit not only employees with disabilities but also your customers with disabilities.
- DVRS employment specialists maintain close contact with employees to ensure that they are adjusting to the job and that both you and the employee are satisfied.