- Find your polling place. (Map)
- Find ballot boxes near you. (Map)
- Burlington County Post-General Election 2020 Audit (PDF) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Burlington County Board of Elections
50 Rancocas Road
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
Joseph P. Dugan, Chairperson
George Nyikita, Secretary
William Layton, Member
Reva Foster, Member
Linda Hughes, Republican Administrator
Claudia Castro, Democratic Administrator
About the Board
The Board of Elections is pleased to work cooperatively with the County Clerk and the Superintendent of Elections to provide for a fair and voter-friendly atmosphere for each and every election in Burlington County.
Feel free to contact us with your inquiries, especially those regarding polling places, and the opportunity to serve as a poll worker.
The Board of Elections has jurisdiction over the following aspects of elections
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appointing a sufficient number of District Board workers to staff all 365 polling districts in Burlington County.
- Receiving, canvassing and counting paper ballots such as vote-by-mail and provisional ballots.
- Issuing challenger permits and badges to eligible voters.
- Certifying and inspecting polling places for accessibility and compliance with the American with Disabilities Act.
- Maintaining vote-by-mail applications
- Redistricting of municipalities and elections districts when appropriate. Filing maps and the legal boundary descriptions of the election districts with the Attorney General’s Office.
- Legal advertising
- Recounting election results (done by court order only)
People are always needed to work on election day for processing voters who come to the polling place to vote. By law, board workers must be registered to vote and either be Democrat or Republican.
An unaffiliated voter may declare their party and then be eligible to work as a board worker. Training is mandatory and a board worker must be re-certified every 2 years. Board workers are paid for each election day.
To apply, fill out and return the Board Worker Application (PDF) or call the Board of Elections at 609-265-5062 or 609-265-5161.
Burlington County Board of Elections Scheduled Meetings
|Address of Meetings:|
Board of Elections Office | 50 Rancocas Road, 1st Floor | Mt. Holly, NJ
|April 20, 2021||11:00 AM||Fire Elections and Wrightstown Special Election|
|May 11, 2021||11:00 AM||Municipal Election|
|June 8, 2021||11:00 AM||Primary Election|
|July 13, 2021||11:00 AM|
|September 14, 2021||11:00 AM||Rescheduled from September 7|
|September 28, 2021||11:00 AM||Possible special school election|
|October 12, 2021||11:00 PM|
|November 2, 2021||11:00 AM||General Election|
|December 14, 2021||11:00 AM||Possible special school election|
|January 25, 2022||11:00 AM||Possible special school election|
|February 18, 2022||11:00 AM||Day before Fire District Election|
|March 8, 2022||11:00 AM||Reorganization Meeting / Possible special school election|
|OFFICIAL ACTION MAY BE TAKEN|
Newspapers have been notified.