Senior Citizen Age Qualifiers:
Area Agency on Aging
Area Agency on Aging
- Congregate and Home Delivered Meals
- In Home services
- Information and Referral Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Services provided under the Older Americans Act
- For widow(er) remarrying, retention of Social Security benefits
- Partial Social Security / Railroad Retirement survivor benefits for widow(er).
- Protection of rights for people in certain health facilities, and investigation of complaints of abuse.
- Guardian or conservator of last resort for elderly adults with no willing or responsible family members or friends who can serve in those capacities.
- Through Area Agencies on Aging, participants of professional and nonprofessional artist and sculptors in New Jersey Senior Citizens Annual Juried Art Contest, and Exhibition.
- Assistance with preparation of federal and New Jersey income tax returns by trained tax volunteers at neighborhood locations
- For victims of crimes, there is no out-of-pocket loss required before seeking compensation with the courts.
- Foster Grandparent Program: helping children with disabilities (small weekly stipend).^
- Senior Companion Program: assisting frail elderly (small cash allowance).^
- Rutgers University: low-cost, tuition-free courses on space available basis.
- Eligibility for low cost senior housing, and for Congregate Housing Services Program. ^
- Residents of multiple dwellings, rent grace of 5 days; protection against condo conversion. ^
- 80% Social Security / Railroad Retirement benefits for retirees.
- Social Security survivor benefits for parents of deceased workers. ^
- Clam, Oyster digging licenses for $2 processing fee.
- Free senior citizen pass to New Jersey historic sites, recreation areas.
- Golden Age Passport to national parks, forests, historic sites, recreation areas for a lifetime fee of $10
- Portion of pension exempted from New Jersey Gross Income Tax
- Partial exemption of Realty Transfer Fee for homeowners selling home.
- Reduced fare on all intrastate, and most interstate trains, buses.
- Public colleges, tuition free and reduced fee courses on space available basis.
- Volunteer Counselors assist Medicare enrollees of all ages with questions problems and claim forms related to Medicare, supplemental policies, and long-term care insurance.
- CCPED ^
- HAAAD ^
- Medicare and Medicaid ^
- Medicare Prescription Plan D
- Medically Needy Program ^
- New Jersey Care ^
- PAAD ^
- Personal needs allowance (monthly) for residents of long term care facilities, boarding homes, and residential health care facilities. ^
- SLMB ^
- Lifeline Credit Program ^
- 100% Social Security/Railroad Retirement Benefits for retirees Social Security benefits increase annually for each year benefits are not claimed.
- Supplemental Security income to aid person with low incomes. ^
- Veterans Pension.^
- 5% reduction in charges for personal injury protection and liability insurance for automobiles.
- Hunting and fishing licenses at reduced fees.