BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
OF THE COUNTY OF BURLINGTON
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR YEARLY POOL OF DULY QUALIFIED DESIGN BUILD AND RELATED SERVICES
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR ENGINEERING AND RELATED SERVICES RFQ
1. Based on the wording of the RFQ, it appears that the County is seeking responses from architects to lead the design-build effort with a contractor. Can a submission be made where the design-build effort is contractor led? Most architectural insurance policies prohibit an architectural firm from holding construction contracts.
Response: No specific "lead" is sought or specified in this RFQ.
2. We are assuming that the County anticipates the RFQ response to only identify a team of the contractor and architect, and not any sub-consultants such as engineering disciplines, until specific projects and identified project scopes are defined. Typically, the selection of engineers would be based on the type / scope of the project.
Response: This is a request for qualifications.
3. Is a builder who is submitting a response to the RFQ required to provide an architect/ designer, and/or engineer team as part of the submission?
Response: As long as they can meet the definition of the "Design Build" and other insurance and project specifications.
4. If we are required to list our architect/designer and/or engineer team, do we need to provide their firm information, firm experience, references or resumes for their staff that is proposed for this program.
5. The cover page states the submission must include 3 originals, a cd/dvd in tiff format and a usb in pdf however Section 1.06 states only 3 originals and 1 usb in pdf format is required (eliminating the cd/dvd). Which is correct?
Response: 3 originals and USB format are acceptable.